FDA Cosmetic Labeling Compliance
FDA governs and enforces regulations for cosmetic products in Canada. Whether products are manufactured or imported from abroad must stay in compliance with the labelling requirements of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic (FD&C) Act, the Fair Packaging and Labeling (FP&L) Act of FDA. Product labels must also comply with the act. Any cosmetic products in US are considered misbranded in the following situations.
- Labelling is misleading or false
- label does not include the name and address of packer, manufacturer or distributor
- The net quantity of contents is missing
- The required information is not stated prominently
- The statement is not readable and understood by consumers